Sunday, February 22, 2015

Post #8

A lot has changed over the past couple of days in regards to my project. I decided that I am just going to stick with hosting a sled hockey game instead of also having a wheelchair basketball game. Honestly, I would love to host both, but in reality with everything else going on in my schedule there is not enough time to make both of these events happen with a great turnout.

On the bright side, the sled hockey event is going. I spoke to my high school girls hockey coach, Coach Joe Provenzano, about the event and he love the idea. Matter of fact we are looking into the possibility of making this an annual event! My Coach also has some great connections with MAHA, so he knows the Michigan sled hockey director. The next step is to talk to the manager for the local ice rink to see if I can schedule a slot of ice time for the event. Then I can email back the Michigan sled dogs to make sure that the date works into their schedule. Also I still have to pick out the specific charity I am going to donate the money to. Other than that things are looking great!

No comments:

Post a Comment